Skip to main content

Great men and women leave giant footprints in the sands of time. Their legacies speak of mighty contributions to thousands, even millions. I t…

Twenty years and one day ago, foreign terrorists successfully attacked three of four targets: New York’s World Trade Center Twin Towers and th…

Recently, while strolling down a crowded sidewalk, I passed a motley group of men. I heard them before seeing them. They were laughing and usi…

I saw a music video post on Facebook the other day from my friend Mark Davis. It was Procol Harum’s classic, “Whiter Shade of Pale.” One of Ma…

That evil, health-clinic snuff-dipping, chitlin’-eatin’ nurse who, in 1956, said, “This won’t hurt,” while gleefully gouging a hypodermic into…

By design, it’s rare inside the House of Adams for any day to be part of any 21st Century year, especially this’un, 2021 (twenty, twenty-one) …

Friends, neighbors and schoolmates come and go in life. Often, they move away, and their memories seem to grow dimmer with time. I guess that …

If you’re looking for a good read, you need to purchase a copy of “Writin’ My Wrongs.” It was written by Kyle Mooty, who was with this publica…

I am sitting on the porch while my little dog gets her business done. The fading footprints of Tropical Storm Fred are sloshing through. It is…

This one’s for Mary Ann, who tomorrow, for the 44th year since Aug. 16, 1977, will mourn the rumored death of Elvis.

Many years ago, I lived in a small cabin near a popular swimming hole. Both children and adults came from all over the county to plunge into t…

While riding through the old neighborhood of my youth, I noticed a tree crew taking down a mammoth oak. Those streets there were once lined wi…

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

Breaking News

News Alert