Skip to main content

Do you feel guilty “bothering” God about helping you achieve a work-related goal when your neighbor is praying for his wife to be healed from COVID?

I saw a music video post on Facebook the other day from my friend Mark Davis. It was Procol Harum’s classic, “Whiter Shade of Pale.” One of Ma…

Most everybody knows the classic Disney song from Snow White. You may have sung it a thousand times, but like me, you may have been singing it…

Bert and I were saddened when we heard our friend, Wallace, had only weeks to live due to advanced leukemia. Six months later, though he never…

I called my friend Fred on Thursday morning, for no particular reason. I found him in a bad mood. I knew this because he said, “You’ve found m…

I used to share an acronym in New Testament class so students could remember Paul’s four prison letters: ECPP, representing Ephesians, Colossi…

Captain James T. Kirk commanded the Starship Enterprise for many years, and in this role, visited planets all over the universe. When he was r…

I’ve had a few, but they don’t seem to be such a big deal anymore. Birthdays…I’m talking about birthdays, not presents.

I’m writing from my hotel room in Billings, Montana. We will get to Glacier National Park this evening where our son Matt is this summer. We w…

It happened when the designated youth minister reveled in the adulation of the youth. Maybe he was strikingly handsome, or she could sing like…

We are headed to Montana next week, on a trip to Glacier National Park to visit my son Matt and his girlfriend Sara, who decided they’d spend …

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

Breaking News

News Alert